Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Working out through injury

I have been dealing with a knee pain for years, and recently the pain has increased which has caused me to not be able to exercise to my fullest potential. It hasn't stopped me though, it has just caused me to re-evaulate what I am able to do. I love to run, but for past two weeks I have only been able to walk. To make sure I keep pushing myself I try to walk at a 10 incline on the treadmill. 
People need to know that even if you are injured, it should not be used as an excuse to sit on the couch. Most people don't realize that they do other things, even if they are injured. You just need to keep it safe and don't hurt yourself even worse. 


Walking at a pleasurable pace can burn 300 calories per hour, maybe more depending on intensity.  Add a few crunches and abs stuff at the end and you’ve done a pretty good workout.  Not only that but you’ve gotten outside, smelled some flowers and had some time for yourself to think.  It’s just what your (my) body needs.  Keep in mind that general fitness does not require always doing intense workouts; walking is not only something to do while injured, it’s a good workout anytime.  

No comments:

Post a Comment